Monday, October 16, 2006

Timely Answers to Prayer

A little while ago, our team had a great answer to prayer. We meet to pray every morning. One of our requests this particular day was for spiritual renewal. We were tired and needed some spiritual and physical rest. At breakfast, we got some great news.

We had been praying for a Christian school in Uganda that was under threat of being shut down. A group of Muslims were planning on buying the land surrounding the school and making the property inaccessible. The missions organization sent out a request for money to buy the land first. VTI responded by contacting some of their alumni and requesting money for this on behalf of the school. As the deadline for purchasing the land approached, the Muslims were celebrating, saying, "Muhammed is greater than Jesus". Two days before the deadline, God proved them wrong. The money made it and the school stayed open. Praise God!

This answer prayer answered the request we made that very morning: spiritual renewal. We had a morning of prayer that day. God is good! He Loves to answer our prayers.

I currently have more than enough support for this month. We'll see what happens in the months to come. God will bring in the money as I need it.

1 comment:

Karina: Queen of Spuds said...

Hey Bryce...
I'm praying for you!! I know that EVERYTHING is possible for him who believes! (Mark 9:27) I have seen God supply the finances that I needed in the nick of time...I'll be praying that He glorifies Himself in your provision as well!!

I also hope your sermon goes well! I'm SO glad that they chose you to be one of the preachers...I prayed that you would be...As a matter of fact...I'm SO glad you're on VTI!! May God bless your time and the lessons you learn! Take Care!!