Friday, June 01, 2007

Trek-a-thon


We are at the VTI office preparing for Trek-a-thon. Tomorrow we are helping out at the actual Trek-a-thon itself. It looks like it will be a nice day and we are all wearing black T-shirts. Hooray for cooking to death. At least we get to drive around sweet old-fashioned bikes and catch a breeze. I'm looking forward to it.


The boys are all staying at Mark Sorell's house. He is the director of VTI and his sons have a Nintendo Wii. Rhys and I got a chance to play one while we were in England, but being non-gamers, we didn't take it, much to the dismay of James and Aj, who are more gamish than us. Nontheless, Wii (har!) have enjoyed playing golf in this Wii, though it is just as frustrating as real golf and I am just as bad at it.


Last weekend, our team went to my hometown, AUSTIN. The highlights of the weekend were seeing Dielle & my family, going to ACA (my old school), and seeing old friends for a short while. It's always good to go home again. I miss that town. AND IT'S GETTING PAVED STREETS!!! That's right! Austinians no longer need to hang their heads in shame because we have gravel roads. No, we have plenty of other things to hang our heads about. But we also have many things to hold our heads high about, so we'll just hold them somewhere in the middle and call it even. Yep!


I'm looking forward to the coupons I'll get to helping out with Trek-a-thon. I like coupons. These particular coupons involve fries, a burger, and a slurpee. I am happy about this for I enjoy all three of those things, but am often to cheap to buy them, which is probably a good thing, anyway. Usually, cheapness saves me from junk food, but not this time!!! I'm getting carried away and I am liable to post something really dumb soon... never mind. Too late!

No comments: