Saturday, June 30, 2007

Camp Mizpah

We were at camp last week. I loved it! I was worried about camp ministry, but Rhys and I had a cabin full of awesome, fun guys. The Holy Spirit moved that week and challenged a lot of people. I'm praying that God continues working in all of their lives. We had 11 people sign up for info from VTI and a couple guys who are seriously considering a GAP team next year. One guy has a Friends & Followers application for next year. He was filling it out in the lunch line-up. I told him he should do while he was sitting down, but it's very cool that's he's so excited. I found the week energized me as much as it tired me. Praise God for a very good week. Pray that He keeps on driving the campers to keep the commitments they made to him last week.

One of the cool points was a long hike we went on with some campers. In the process, we climbed a big hill. It was exhausting for me, let alone the campers, but we made it. I had the song "One Step More" running through my head as I heard staff encouraging the campers to keep walking, one step at a time. I thought about perseverance and how God only shows one step at a time in life. It would probably have killed me to know everything I would be doing this year last September, but each step I have taken has made me stronger so that I am able to take the next. I remember a poster I once had in my room that says, "Don't pray for challenges to equal your strength, but for strength to equal your challenges".

Montana is a beautiful place.

No comments: