Saturday, March 24, 2007

Oceans



One windy day, we took a drive to the see the English Channel in Wales. As we drove up, I remember thinking that the water looked incredibly mean and powerful. It actually scared me. When I got out of the car, I found myself in a wind that made it impossible to stand up straight. I can't remember any wind as strong as that ocean gale. As I stood on the edge of a hill that became a cliff above the rough water, not daring to wander too close to the edge in case the wind might suddenly let up and make fall over, I saw the the sunlight reflecting across the water. I wondered how powerful the wind that parted the Red Sea must have been. Even this wind made it hard for me to keep my balance. No wonder the Israelites begged Moses to shield them from God's presence.
The splendour of the King
Clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice

He wraps Himself in light
Darkness tries to hide
It trembles at His voice

How great is our God!
Sing with me how great is our God!
And all will see how great, how great is our God!


1 comment:

Jim said...

Right on - awesome!