Sunday, March 11, 2007

A Letter Home

Dear Father,
"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, or stand in the way of sinners, or sit in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not whither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalm 1:1-3
My God, there is nothing I want more than to be in your will. "One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple." (Psalm 27:4) Lead me. Do not let me go anywhere that you don't want me. Make me do things that make you happy. Destroy my pride. Leave no trace of self-service in me except to enjoy the good things you give me. Let me do even that in complete gratitude, knowing that everything good comes from you. Make me only always for you, my King. For everything you have done, giving me life, rebirth, creation to enjoy, giving Jesus as a sacrifice for my sin, the Holy Spirit to show how to live, give me the ability to live a life of constant gratitude. I trust you. You have my life. Do want you want with it. Help me trust you more.

Your adopted and eternally grateful son,
Bryce

No comments: